How about introductions? Tell us everything! šŸ™ƒ

Thanks @Chris for introducing yourself at length, that helps us get to know you. :slight_smile:

I thought you were a music novice :laughing: but actually you have great experience with instruments and music and a music therapy diploma, so don’t mind my advice in another post, haha, that’s funny. :rofl:

You’re Ā« getting the hang of it Ā», as you say, really well with the Didgeridoo and the rhythm in your video, don’t hesitate to keep sharing with us what you’re doing.

:slightly_smiling_face:

No worries Elisabeth! To say I’m a beginner would be a lie — as for my musical background, it’s thin (not coming out of a music conservatory) but enough to make me happy. I just scattered myself a bit too much. Result: an eternal intermediate stuck in the rut.
Know that I appreciate your advice as well as your attention.
Did you get my comment on your awesome Ā« Sapiens Ā» video? I’m often a bit lost on the forum…so I replied to you via my phone. ??? :thinking:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Chris.
Nice introduction.
I really like the way you write.
You know, conservatory training is very structured. You learn a lot of things there, I imagine, but not everything, so no worries, you shouldn’t underestimate yourself :wink:.
Do you ever mix guitar and didgeridoo?

Quick tip by the way, I don’t know if you know this, but you can reply to several people in the same response.
All you have to do is write @ followed by the name or username of the person you want to address.

See you soon then through one post or another.

1 Like

Hi Gauthier

You see, I’m going for it and I’m not holding back.
Yeah, next step is a composition, another matter entirely and not a small one either but a real challenge. I’m aware that if I want to progress I need to commit to this path. I’m not giving up and the prospect of your workshop in November is really pumping me up.
Quick question, can you tell me how to put an Ā« avatar Ā» (I just discovered the word) in place of this blue dot with a C?

2 Likes

Thanks Karl for your reply, for your advice on the possibility of replying to several people. Got it!

As for accompanying the didge with guitar or the other way around… yes I’ve done it in a very basic way. To make it easier for myself, I use my folk guitar in open tuning DADGAD. So I play with my didge in D - It has its little effect but it goes round in circles pretty quickly. - for C I put the capo on. Sometimes I’d use my bodhran (Celtic drum) - I need to sort out my stand problem for the didge so it doesn’t move. For now, I’m focusing on didge technique - I’ll admit it often tempts me. But it’s a job in its own right that takes time and a certain level of precision - more precisely a definite level of precision - in rhythmic placement. Anyway you know

2 Likes

No, I don’t see that comment. :wink:

Hi Elisabeth!

I still can’t find your Ā« Sapiens Ā» video on the forum… So I’m retyping – with a few small tweaks – what I thought I’d sent after listening to this beautiful composition

"Stunning atmosphere! The phone works… just close your eyes, let the flames of LIFE wrap around our bodies, caress our minds… Magic happens. Here we are, traveling back through time… just 30,000 little years. A tiny journey. The clock’s hands turn, one by one, the pages of the great book Ā« History of the Earth Ā». There we go! Hominids among hominids, united in the same moment, in the same place, at the heart of the Ā« Vibrant Ā».
Another beautiful share, full of poetry where images and music intertwine, embrace. Kudos again and a thousand thanks

1 Like

Thanks Gauthier,

Yeah yeah, I’m seriously thinking about it (for the workshop at Lherm) :wink: :wink:

Welcome to the forum @Chris and thanks for that very comprehensive introduction

1 Like

Good evening and welcome @Chris.
Well, you’re not just crash-landing in the mountains :blush:

Thanks to you Christophe!

Thanks mate! yeah I’m stumbling around…one step to the right, another to the left, a whack on the head, a whack on the hands, on one foot then the other, sometimes both at the same time, even with my eyes closed and then two steps forward, three back and life rushes by…and I’m still in the same spot, at m

… that of my source;

Hey Chris, you can see how to change your profile picture by reading this post!

Let me know if you manage it! Otherwise I could help you out.

1 Like

thanks Gauthier… I gave it a shot but it’s all a bit beyond me, being stuck in the papyrus and quill pen era… yeah I know, not exactly great for communicating!

Ahahah, ok send me the photo you’d like to use in a private message or by email. I’ll do it for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

YYYYESSSS, I finally did it!!! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: - turns out a goose feather works too - just needed to recalibrate the neural circuit for a new program - Thanks to you :upside_down_face: :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club (I think we’re two now) because if you’re stuck in the age of papyrus, I’ve got a flip phone from the Neanderthal era and for videos to send (as part of the courses), I have the invaluable help of my daughter.
Even worse, not having a smartphone, my agenda is made up of sheets of paper on which you have to write by moving your hand with a pen between your fingers!!!
But I’m still a man of my time since to light a fire, I don’t use flint but matches or even a lighter.

4 Likes

Well done Chris! :wink:

I can see there’s still a touch of modernity! :winking_face_with_tongue:

1 Like

Hello everyone, (first I apologize in advance for any spelling mistakes to come :sweat_smile:)
My name is Mederik, I’m 25 years old so in 25 years I’ll be 50 :joy:
I’m a hairdresser by trade, and I’m passionate about it.
But since my earliest childhood I’ve been surrounded and nourished by music, I don’t spend much time in silence, I love the power of sound to pierce through us right to the soul.

My musical influences are diverse but essentially based on the following genres: Metal, reggae, world music.

I started playing accordion as a kid for about 8 years,
Then at 13: acoustic and electric guitar were added to my playing,
I’ve always been drawn to the didgeridoo but knowing about sheet music I was always afraid of being lost, and then I heard about Wakademy… and everything changed :grin:
I started the didgeridoo seriously in July 2020 and I keep working on it because this such powerful sound fascinates me… I like to say it’s an extension of myself :grin::grin::grin:
So there you have it, I wish you all a great day and happy blowing :grin::flexed_biceps:

5 Likes