How about introductions? Tell us everything! šŸ™ƒ

First of all, welcome.
A critique can be negative but also positive, and when it’s a positive critique I don’t hesitate to give it.
This concerns your spelling mistakes.
First of all, you warn us that there will be some and you apologize for them. You’re really fully forgiven. Plus, you realize you’re making mistakes; there are people who don’t care at all. But on the other hand, you shouldn’t let it bother you because you have a very poetic way of writing that is really beautiful… and not everyone has that. And I’m not saying this to flatter you.
In the meantime, I also wish you a beautiful day.

4 Likes

Welcome Mederick. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all this kindness :grin:

Thank you!!! :grin:

1 Like

Hello,
Micka from Belgium, between La LouviĆØre & Mons
I play handpan, djembĆ©, cajon (well, I’m learning anyway) and I’m gonna start the didgeridoo as soon as I get it :slight_smile:
I’ve known about the instrument for a few years through the handpan, and at the last nomadic summer festival I did a discovery session, after that I asked AdĆØle for advice and my didge is being made by Nicolas from Horizonde :slight_smile: (super nice & professional :+1:)
New to the forum, hi everyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey @Micka74, welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading your posts and chatting about all the different topics here.
Make sure to show us your didge as soon as you get it :wink:

3 Likes

Hey, a Belgian friend, @Alexandre_Maffia is gonna be happy :grinning:.
Welcome to the forum Micka!!
Take your time to have a look around.
There’s definitely a bunch of posts that’ll interest you

2 Likes

Hey Micka,
Welcome to the forum, hope you’ll love your new didge! :blush:

And yep @Karl the Belgium crew is growing :grin:

1 Like

A bit late but welcome to the forum @Micka74 and @Mederik!

1 Like

Running late too :sweat_smile:
Welcome @Mederik and @Micka74 to the Souffleuse family :smile:

1 Like

@Gauthier Thanks​:grin:

1 Like

@Dorou thanks :grin:

Hey everyone,

So I’ve decided to introduce myself on this forum where I’ve been reading your discussions and listening to your creations from time to time.

I’m probably Gauthier’s oldest student and I’m progressing slowly in this new learning journey of making the didgeridoo sing. This is the very first time I’ve been passionate about an instrument and every morning it calls me to get up and celebrate the start of the day (sometimes it’s a bit of a pain :face_with_raised_eyebrow: because I’d like to sleep in now and then, something I’ve lost since I started playing didge).

I don’t feel like a musician – I’ve always loved music a lot, but never felt the need to make it. I even did 5 years of piano like all my brothers and sisters (7): because we had a piano at home and it was my parents’ pride that all 8 children could take music lessons (that was no small thing for a working-class family back then).

Later I was married to a professional musician (USA). With our hippie lifestyle traveling around the world I was immersed in American folk music. So I participated with the Concertina, the Flute, Spoons and Singing. The fever of music never really took hold of me.

My passion and the love of my life is Tai-Chi Chuan. It was in that context that I discovered the didgeridoo and its vibrations that harmonize perfectly with my practice. So I fell in love with the Didgeridoo just as I had fallen in love with Tai-Chi Chuan back then (more than 50 years ago :hugs:). And that love has never left me and even though I’m not a musician, I think I’ll remain faithful and passionate about the Didgeridoo until the end of my life.

I’d like to introduce you to my new companion, Treasuredidge, which I just received yesterday! I’m also sharing its magnificent sound with you. Unfortunately I can’t make it sing the way it deserves – but that will come – with a little help from my friends.

5 Likes

Thank you for introducing yourself, dear Cornelia.
That’s a really beautiful didgeridoo you’ve got there!!
You have all the time in the world to learn how to play it.

While we wait to hear your musical progress with your new companion, I warmly welcome you to the Wakademy forum!!!
See you soon then :pray:

Thanks Cornelia for this presentation, congrats on that gorgeous didgeridoo from Wood&Didg’.
And just a personal note, if you play any instrument at all — didgeridoo, jaw harp, spoon, … triangle — you’re a musician!
There are certainly different levels of practice, but there’s no hierarchy between instruments.
When I hear your passion for our bit of wood, you absolutely have your place in the world of musicians.

1 Like

That’s great what you’re doing @cornelia.gruber :slight_smile: , keep going down the Didgeridoo road, it’s long and very rewarding. :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to you @cornelia.gruber and everyone else I may have forgotten to welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

I’m Fabrice, I discovered the didgeridoo a long time ago but never practised regularly. But for a while now I’ve decided to finally make progress!

I have three didgeridoos: a handmade Kan ar c’hoad bamboo that I’m playing the most right now, a cherry wood didgeridoo, and an industrial bamboo (the first didge I ever bought, really cheap but I still love it because it’s been with me all over the place back then ^^).

I’ve been playing regularly for two months, the first step for me is already to move from side playing to face playing… So to get clear harmonics again and not lose the lip buzz too often :sweat_smile: it’s starting to come together.

But anyway it does me good to blow, I find it even really nice so that’s the main thing!

Otherwise I compose and play piano, synths, RAV Drum and a bit of native flute. I’ll post recordings when I’ve made some progress, I hope! :slight_smile:

See you soon!

5 Likes

Can’t wait to listen to your recordings, dear Fab.
The bamboo didgeridoos from David Defois are very high quality.
It’s going to be perfect for progressing. Plus they’re lightweight.

Welcome to the forum :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome Fab. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the intro, and like Karl said, we’ll be happy to listen to your recordings. :slight_smile:

3 Likes