How about introductions? Tell us everything! šŸ™ƒ

Douglas, you hadn’t told us about this artistic side of yours yet. Thanks for sharing your site, your watercolors are magnificent, I especially love your photographic creations, well done!

Thank you so much Christophe, I’m really pleased that you looked at my works. Tomorrow evening I have an opening here in Fribourg for my new collection Ā« C’est l’eau qui peint Ā» and I’m going to play the didge with a mate who plays the Shakuhashi (the Japanese flute). I hope we can convey the magic of the two instruments.

3 Likes

Your watercolors accompanied by music from the Didgeridoo and Shakuhachi will definitely create a beautiful sensory experience to immerse yourself in. :slight_smile:

Are you thinking of having someone make a video that moves between your works and the music of your two instruments?

1 Like

Hi Douglas,
Thanks for your welcome message. I wouldn’t say I’m an artist, more of a craftsperson ;-). Thanks for the compliment. I checked out your site, and I really like it when it’s Ā« the water speaking Ā», kind of like zen in art where it’s no longer the artist creating, but simply transcribing what’s happening in and around them.
I’m just starting out with the didgeridoo, and your videos are inspiring, thanks for sharing them.
Feel free to post concert info and events related to this instrument on this site, that way I have a chance of finding out about them!

3 Likes

Hey beautiful community!

I’m Guillaume (aka GuiOm̐), I’m a Belgian-Canadian and I’m living in Sherbrooke, QC right now (since 2010).

I started the didge in March 2021… so it’s very recent. But I play it a lot and every day, so my learning curve is really fast. I’m now playing at several festivals and other conscious events all around Quebec… and the didges are starting to pile up at my place haha!

For me, the didgeridoo is above all a meditative tool; it takes me into altered states of consciousness and that’s also what I transmit to my audience through my vibrational concerts. A return to the present moment… and a reconnection to the heart :slight_smile:

Thanks for being here, it feels good to feel at home!

6 Likes

Belgians and Canadians have something in common, fries (in poutine for Canada). That’s already a good starting point. :laughing:

Less than 2 years of Didgeridoo, you’re doing great and you can already play live, ba ba bah… :+1:

Me too, when I play meditative stuff I enter an altered state of consciousness where I leave everyday reality behind. :innocent:
This ability of the Didgeridoo to transport us to another space-time, an alternative present, is really interesting and does you good.

2 Likes

Welcome, music is made to be shared. I listened to your cactus in C on facebook. It’s really beautiful. Keep it up.

1 Like

Thanks to you both, that really touches me! And yeah, for the learning curve I reckon it’s really motivation/passion and hours played that trump years of experience. In less than 2 years I think I’ve breathed close to 2000h into my precious ones :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. When you love something, you don’t keep count :beating_heart::hugs:

And yep, 100% on the didge’s ability to transport us. The meditative side of the instrument is what touches me the most (way beyond the musicality). But I’m getting more and more interested in rhythmic patterns too, just for the Ā« fun Ā» of it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum GuiOm!!!
Good vibes to you :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Welcome to @steve.vuignier, @vicmestrep, @Mélanie and @GuiOm̐
Happy blowing to you :blush:

3 Likes

Hello

My name is ROBERT Philippe, retired from a magnificent profession. I’ve been playing djembĆ© and African drums for 8 years. In January I bought myself a didgeridoo and I ordered GAUTIER’s method and I’m set to learn how to blow it.
I’m in Sarthe.

Philippe

6 Likes

thanks

Hey there! :smiley:

I’ve been playing for about 15 years or so, I think. A bit on and off, to be honest; long stretches without touching it, then intensive periods. For the last 2-3 years my playing has been getting more consistent, and I’ve noticed that didge really contributes a lot to my personal balance.

I discovered the didge on the street in Toulouse with a passing player. Completely shocked and fascinated by the instrument and its sounds, he was cool with letting me try blowing into it. After a few minutes… Boom! Pow! I got the lip buzz going :smiley:

I’d rather introduce myself with a didge, so I’m off now to start a little thread ^^
Cheers, looking forward to bumping into you later - whether live or on the forum

6 Likes

Welcome @p.robert86 and @Deng. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to you both on the forum @deng and @p.robert86 :smiley:

2 Likes

Great idea to bump this introduction post back to the top,
Welcome to you both @p.robert86 @Deng

1 Like