Hi
This is part of the reconciliation measures:
Hi
This is part of the reconciliation measures:
That’s wonderful news!!!
Thanks for sharing ![]()
Thanks @Manu. I heard about it on TV last night, but way too briefly — your article fills in those much-needed details! ![]()
Yes, I read that announcement too, it’s excellent news and another step forward towards recognition of Aboriginal rights. Recognition leads to respect and respect leads to reconciliation, but there’s still a long way to go.
There certainly mustn’t have been any valuable deposits under that ancient forest, or else they’ve been made unexploitable because of (thanks to!) the UNESCO listing.
Still, I’d rather see the glass filling up than focus on what’s left to fill and I’m genuinely pleased.
I hope the indigenous peoples will soon see the same type of success in their struggle with the Brazilian state, but that’s a whole other ballgame! ![]()
Here’s some additional information on this topic:
Thanks Karl. ![]()