Wakademy news | Avatar photo, courses and solo didgeridoo

New course in October!

I’m in full swing getting the new course ready, which will cover how to transpose any drum patterns into didgeridoo rhythmic patterns thanks to « beatbox thinking, » but also and especially how to personalize it afterwards thanks to the diversity of our instrument’s attacks.

Put like that it’s a bit over the top, but you get the idea—this course is making me really enthusiastic! It should come out mid-October.

Small avatar improvement


Thanks to Jérôme, the developer who helps me maintain the Wakademy site, you can now see your avatar in the top right on Wakademy! It’s simple stuff but it’s nice. :slight_smile:

NB: If your photo appears square that’s a cache issue. You can either clear your browser’s cache, or wait a few days and it’ll sort itself out.

Didgeridoo solos coming for autumn

I’m working on 4 solos coming up, I’m heading to the studio early October. Normally, we’re going to start filming the clips that go with them soon.

All of this will kick off the launch of my new site (gauthieraube.com, which is getting a bit dated!), and a new YouTube channel dedicated to music. THE big project for the years to come!

It should lead to a new solo album while I wait for more « open » projects with Pierre Olivier (oud, violin) and other musician friends.

That’s all the news—I wanted to keep you in the loop.
And tell you that even though I’m just passing through here, I’m thinking of you!

7 Likes

Well, those are great plans @Gauthier. Congratulations, I’m happy for you and can’t wait to hear you play solo again. I wish you great and wonderful success

1 Like

So much news and projects!!!
Thanks for your work around the didgeridoo Gauthier.
I can’t wait to listen to your new compositions :smiley: !!!

1 Like

Thanks to you, Gauthier, and also to Jérôme.

1 Like

Hey Gauthier!
Great that you’re managing to free up time to focus more on music and composition!
It’s really coming together, that’s awesome! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for these wonderful and rich updates, we can’t wait to see it all and you’ll always have our support and backing :wink:

1 Like

Big exciting projects for you and for us!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m pumped for the new season of At the Heart of Rhythm.

And it’s cool that you’re also doing a course on beatbox. :grin:

1 Like

Well done on all these projects, Gauthier! I’m really happy for you and for this great momentum you’re creating around you.

2 Likes

Yeah me too, I’m excited to get back into musical projects. It’s a real fresh start on that front!

Yeah I can’t wait to share them with you too!

Thanks for Jérôme, he’s awesome and it’s also thanks to him that Wakademy has minimal bugs!

Yeah, I’m thrilled about how things are shaping up. :smiley:

Thanks, that’s really nice!

Yeah, if all goes well, it should be really awesome!

Aaah, that’s great! You’re gonna be able to eat up rhythm all year!

Yeah, I’m really happy about it because it’s not just gonna talk about beatbox but will open up to a whole way of playing your didge starting from beatbox rhythms but taking it even further.

Thanks Christophe, really pleased to see the feedback you’re giving me about this momentum!

2 Likes