Documentary - Trisha, Aboriginal profession

null

I just watched this documentary about Australian colonization told by Trisha. You can watch it on replay until 11/02/19. I highly recommend it.

To watch it on France Ô, it’s here.

Wow, thanks Gauthier!

A clip from a Werner Herzog film; beautiful and sad at the same time.

1 Like

You’re bringing back memories with that link Patrick. Thanks for sharing.

This video is very interesting!
Werner Herzog, his name rang a bell, and Wikipedia reminded me that he’s a German filmmaker whose two films I’ve seen:
« Aguirre, the Wrath of God », with Klaus Kinski
« Nosferatu, Phantom of the Night », with Klaus Kinski again and Isabelle Adjani
I find them magnificent and I invite you to watch or rewatch them.
Werner Herzog has a very particular style close to documentary where he stages very strong characters in a particularly refined aesthetic.

Here, « The Land Where the Green Ants Dream » is indeed a film but based on the true story of the uranium mine in Arnhem Land.
In any case, it’s giving me a fierce urge to see the full film.
Thanks Patrick for sharing this.

Christophe,
I’m stepping away from Australia to share an anecdote about Herzog and Klaus Kinski.
I watched an interview with W. Herzog where he said that Klaus Kinski’s genius bordered on madness.

He told how in « Aguirre, the Wrath of God » some extras were afraid to face Klaus Kinski during battle scenes because he didn’t hold back his blows and some had been injured.

Getting back to Australia, I saw on Youtube that you could watch the show « Rendez-vous en terre inconnue » which took place with Aboriginal people.
Have a good day.

Thanks to you for that info.
Here’s the video:

I’m gonna check it out this evening :wink:

1 Like