How about introductions? Tell us everything! šŸ™ƒ

Yeah it’s good thanks! With these COVID times and fewer workshops, thankfully the online courses are keeping me afloat! Hope it lasts.

And for circular breathing, I’d recommend working on it a lot without your didgeridoo during the Ā« dead Ā» moments in your day (in the car but be careful!). You’d be surprised how much you progress with these little bits of practice on the fly.
Good luck with everything!

2 Likes

No meetups at the moment.

I’ve really slowed down the pace (if you know what I mean eheh) so I need to get myself motivated again!
The saxodidge should arrive soon so that’ll give me a boost!

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I’ve started lurking on the forum without having introduced myself or put up a photo yet, but that’s done now! :innocent: (and I’m sorry for the wall of text :man_facepalming:t2:)

I’m an artist who’s been discovering my creativity for 4 or 5 years :blush: I have 4 years of intensive bolas/poi (though I’ve calmed down now) and my main activity is creating jewellery in macramĆ© around minerals. And my goal is to make music a professional activity one day (or at least a big part of my life). I’m talking of course about playing (listening has been with me daily) :pray:t2:

Being passionate about Psytrance I tried my hand at DAW, even though my best friend could teach me his 15 years of experience in the field, DAW just isn’t for me right now.
But Psytrance led me to discover ethno-trance and world music in the broadest sense, and I got to blow into a didge at the Aboriginal’s dream in 2017 at a market stand!

The Universe put a PVC plumbing tube in my path in March 2020, and the adventure began! I cut the tube to about 1m60, it was 40mm in diameter and having failed to make a bell by heating it, I left it straight :yum:
After countless poorly explained videos on YT about circular breathing, I came across Gauthier and Wakademy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: in a few weeks I got circular breathing down thanks to Gauthier’s free videos, his tutorials are amazing!!

After that I bought Gauthier’s book Ā« how to play your first rhythms Ā», which I literally devoured in a few weeks.

After 3 months learning the basics on a PVC tube with a 36mm mouthpiece (I know :rofl:) I bought my first didgeridoo from Manu Flyroots, custom-made in C, 1m56 with a 32mm mouthpiece (I wanted a didge in a lower key but for a first one it would have been tough apparently :grin:)

I dream of having a low G, this video gets me every time!

End of January 2021 I did Gauthier’s workshop in Dordogne, a truly fabulous experience that helped me get my bearings because it was the first time I met didge players!! (including one technique and breathing psycho-maniac, super skilled and a great teacher :shushing_face: :rofl:) and I followed up by buying the Ā« The Secret of the 7 Breaths Ā» course which is exactly what I need right now :pray:t2:

My natural breathing is the :on: and as for listening to myself, for now that’ll be for those who have The Secret of the 7 Breaths training! :yum:

Thanks for reading if you made it this far :rofl: :kissing_heart: :pray:t2:

8 Likes

Thanks for introducing yourself, Florian. So you’ve also met the nice hypercompetent maniac. :rofl:

Your Didgeridoo from Manu Flyroots is really beautiful, makes you want to play it.

Feel free to share with us what you play on the Didgeridoo.

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

and it’s almost contagious! :rofl:
Gauthier’s such a lovely person :heart:

3 Likes

That’s true. :slight_smile:

I hadn’t seen that post with his latest piece:

L’exil - Gauthier AubĆ© - Vos coups de coeur - Wakademy

2 Likes

Hey Florian, great presentation!
Welcome to the forum :wink:

4 Likes

Hey Florian, welcome to the didge world. You blow into it once, you get circular breathing and after that you can’t do without it anymore :wink:

5 Likes

A really lovely presentation, my friend.
The universe doesn’t do anything by chance, you just have to listen.
I’m glad it brought you here.
Welcome to the dance of the didgeridoo Florian :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome Florian!

With the bell, you had the option to use diameter adapters and other PVC pipes.

But that’s in the past, you’ve moved on to wood :grin:

Anyway, I really like your description of Gauthier.

Gauthier is right to insist so much on mastery and precision, it’s a guarantee of freedom. :blush:

2 Likes

Hey, good to see you again – well, Ā« see you again Ā» in a way, since we got to meet at the workshop in Dordogne at the end of January.
It’s true that Gauthier brings together a bunch of qualities that are, for us, a real gift when it comes to discovering, improving and loving the didgeridoo.
If another workshop happens in July, maybe we’ll run into each other again.
Have a good day.
Patrick.

3 Likes

Nothing quite like a new instrument to get your practice back on track!

And welcome to you @Florian.C, glad to see you with your photo on the forum!

Looks like I can’t hide my obsessiveness from anyone anymore! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ps: a little thanks for your compliments in your messages, it’s very kind of you, I’m going to get embarrassed! :laughing:

3 Likes

Hi hi, I’m replying to myself! Just to let you know I pulled off this slick move: opening two addresses, with a different username. So if you read emails from sandrine.clement, well that’s me too. I’m not going to risk cleaning things up, so nothing blows up.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey everyone!
I’m just starting out with the didgeridoo, I haven’t even received my instrument yet!
I’m still practicing circular breathing without my didge though, I think I’m making good progress, we’ll see what it’s like with the tube in my mouth! I went with a burnt Breton bamboo didgeridoo, and yes I’m following Gauthier’s advice to the letter :joy: .
I just discovered this forum and all the conversations in it, I’m like a kid in a candy store!
As for me, I’m 20 years old, I’m struggling my way through an engineering school (online wow!) and I’m a scout leader in France.
Once I have my didgeridoo, if I have technical questions, where could I ask them?
That’s it!
thanks to those who read me :grinning:

7 Likes

Hello @jacques.spittael, welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

You made a great choice getting a quality bamboo didgeridoo, I’m guessing you bought it from David Defois. That’ll give you every chance of getting off to a good start.

It’s good that you started circular breathing without the didgeridoo, it’s a solid physical and mental workout so your body and brain can learn this breathing that’s anything but natural. I reckon you’ll find it different when you do it in the didgeridoo, but it’ll help you understand the principle.

If you have any technical questions you can Ā« create a topic Ā» in the Ā« General Ā» category by adding a title and posting your question in the body of the topic. :wink:

See you soon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to you Jacques!!
It’s always a pleasure to see (well, read) fresh faces, that’s great :smiley:.
Indeed, with that description of the burnt Breton bamboo didge, it brings David Defois to mind.
As @Elisabeth_Blanc writes, you did the right thing knocking on his door, it’s an excellent choice :+1:.

This forum is truly an Ali Baba’s cave, so help yourself and enjoy the posts and conversations as you go :wink:.

See you soon and welcome again!

3 Likes

Hey hi Jacques, welcome aboard :wink:
You’ll have plenty of goodies to unwrap here, the forum content is really rich!
I can imagine you’re itching to get your first didge :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah that’s right, David Defois! I went with an E flat.
I can’t wait to get my didgeridoo!

3 Likes

Hi Jacques, I think everything’s been said, welcome to the forum

4 Likes