The Exile - Gauthier Aubé

This piece is very personal. It sums up (quickly!) the last nine years of my life and the different places I’ve traveled through: Burgundy where I’m from, Brussels, India, Lyon, a bit of the Way of St James, Russia, Drôme, Taiwan… All these landscapes are woven together in this clip.

Even though we put in the effort and our whole hearts, this creation remains humble. The clip is homemade and interspersed with memories captured during my various travels.

But so what!

The idea is to start sharing with you, who follow me through Wakademy, the ideas, the struggles, the joys that make up all our lives.

So I’ll be releasing new pieces regularly.

Gauthier

10 Likes

But you’re really fast Karl. I didn’t even have time to share it here. :wink:

4 Likes

yeah sorry Gauthier… you probably wanted to post it yourself actually :sweat_smile: I was on the computer when you posted :wink:
Awesome tune anyway, really takes you on a journey, it’s magical!!
You’re back making music for all our happiness :+1:
Thanks to you

4 Likes

Jazz, get out of that body! :rofl:

Seriously though, I get that you’re taking it easy on the internet @karl :wink:

@Gauthier it’s with great pleasure that we’ll support you in those bubbles you’re sharing with us.

Thanks :person_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

Wow! Powerful piece! I really love how it evolves throughout, the growing emotion, the sense of progress you feel both physically and mentally…your piece speaks to me @Gauthier! I think it’s really beautiful and quite natural that you’re coming out of that strange period in early 2020 with a desire to create and share your inner world! So thank you, I’ll be delighted to follow this musical and personal journey!

6 Likes

Awesome piece @Gauthier, really intense in what you’re sharing with us, you can almost feel a pretty strong sense of intimacy following you throughout the whole piece :slight_smile:
The piece is really well composed, it has kind of a blockbuster vibe (but in a good way, it’s powerful) ^^

I really liked the image when you’re walking along the tunnel with the music following and slowly building, you can almost feel a sense of relief when you come out and the music takes off, that’s really well done :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway a really great one for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Super piece and the mixing is really nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!

I’m really happy to have (finally) shared this track and to read all the supportive comments. I’m already working with my buddy Pierre-Olivier (who composed and played most of the parts on the track) on a new recording.

But before that I need to prepare the new course on rhythmic patterns that should come out at the end of October!

But even before that, I need to head off to a workshop near Aix en Provence in a bit.
Anyway, life’s pretty full on. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Amazing piece @Gauthier. :heart_eyes:

The musical atmosphere created by your Didgeridoo and the other instruments Violin, Oud and Guitar carry us into the inner journey of a man, between melancholy and zest for life.

Listening to your piece, we become a little part of it and that’s Thank you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m reposting my comment here:
WAWA, a beautiful success in composition and orchestration. the oud is perfect for taking us on the theme of journey, the violin(s) bring us depth and nostalgia. for the video, the importance of the walk and well that… works! bravo also for the progression in the piece.
given what you’re offering us here, we tell ourselves that we still have some beautiful hours of surprises to come.
here a nice tribute to exile, so maybe for a next one a tribute to rootedness and those who manage to stay :slight_smile:
thank you thank you

4 Likes

Thanks for the journey Gauthier, with that really mesmerizing piece and this walkthrough video :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Really nice video, a man walking with determination through different kinds of landscapes. A very successful blend between the didgeridoo and the oud.
Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Thanks Gauthier, this piece is simply very beautiful and the video complements it perfectly.
I took the time to watch it, listen to it, listen again and again. I feel so much sensitivity in it, nostalgia, hardship, determination, the joy of sharing… and for us, the joy of receiving and feeling these emotions.
I’m delighted to follow you on this part of the journey and I’m eagerly waiting for the other stages of the voyage.
Thanks again

3 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve been to the blog section so I’m putting the link here:

3 Likes

Good catch @Elisabeth_Blanc! Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks Elisabeth, I actually hadn’t shared the link to the article. :raised_hands:

2 Likes