Hello everyone,
Nomadidge is happening this year in Félines (43), from August 16 to 18.
Friday August 16
- Pantaphonic
- Othello Ravez
Saturday August 17
- GRÍFOL / ALLIANCE DE 4 VOIX FÉMININES
- Volte / Gauthier Aubé
Sunday August 18
- Jamalam
- Jam Session
Hello everyone,
Nomadidge is happening this year in Félines (43), from August 16 to 18.
Hello everyone!
Schedule update:
Saturday 17
GRÍFOL / ALLIANCE DE 4 VOIX FÉMININES
DIDJ BEAT - QUINTO ANTONIO / SOLO DIDG TRACK PERFORMANCE
Thanks @Greg ![]()
Makes you want to be there already ![]()
Greg informed us that the second concert on Saturday evening by Antonio Quinn will be replaced by:
VOLTE. - GAUTHIER AUBÉ
DIDGERIDOO, VIOLIN, DOUBLE BASS.
I’m in! Spots and workshops booked! ![]()
@simon, I took the liberty of updating your post by adding the festival poster and modifying the schedule so the info is current and easy to see at a glance.
Hope you don’t mind!
Thanks anyway for sharing the info here and see you at Airvault or Nomadidge!
Hey @Gauthier !
Nice one, cheers!
I was looking into updating the program, but the post was locked.
See you at Nomadidge.
Talk soon ![]()
Hello everyone!
So, Nomadidge 2024 is done.
And it was really, really good!
Good vibes and emotions were definitely there. I’d be tempted to say « Can’t wait for the 2025 edition », but there’s already so much to digest, so many workshops to translate into improvements to my playing…
And then, getting back to everyday life ^^
In any case, I felt like a kid for those three days, and just for that, I can only thank the Nomadidge association, @Greg, the volunteers, the artists who remind us that they’re players just like us, the exhibitors, who are also musicians…
This year, then, Nomadidge set up home in Félines in the Haute Loire department, a bit north of Le Puy-en-Velay, in the Livradois-Forez regional nature park.
Right away, it makes you want to be there!
This year, the festival was held in one block, the stage under a marquee, exhibitors, gathering spaces, food stalls, were all grouped together. The small adjacent wood made an excellent camping area.
The exhibitor side for didges offered a very good choice of instruments: Alex Didge; DidgElement; Hexspira; Kan Ar 'Hoad; Horizonde and Thermita Didg.
For Handpans, Backeyepan and Ostara were there.
The Takasouffler association was also present. They organized beginner workshops, discussed associative life organization, Aboriginal conditions…
Kid had brought bathtubs for sound journeys. A very powerful, very pleasant experience. With an attentive player or earplugs, it’s just happiness.

The weather was changeable, we swung between a hot and sunny Friday, and a cloudy, rainy, cold and damp rest of the weekend. Camping under the trees, and the marquee were undeniably a plus for shelter!
Many spontaneous moments of conviviality peppered the weekend. Jams, gatherings of players working on their technique together, shouts, Orchestradidg…
The workshop program, quality-wise and content-wise, was really good too.
Not disappointed either by the concert programming.
Friday evening was the Escape night.
Simon Kid opened the stage (and took care of the presentations throughout the weekend):
The first concert was by Chris and Aymeric, from the Pantaphonic duo. 100% handpan concert, 100% softness.
Othello Ravez closed the evening with his Geophonic concert, plunging us into the sound atmosphere of the biosphere.
Saturday was marked by Pulsation.
The Grifol group blew us away…
Before Volte electrified us.
Sunday evening was the sharing night.
While waiting for the evening to start on stage, Simon Kid hosted the orchestradidg:
Jamalam then took over on stage…
To make way, after really warming up the room, for jams on stage.
6 improvised groups succeeded one another to express their creativity, with sound that we dream of as amateurs and with a conquered audience.
I tell you more about it on my jams thread:
A very good edition then, with a very very very good atmosphere.
Nomadidge is really a must-see festival in my eyes.
Small display issue in the topic index, resolved by reposting a comment. Weird ![]()
Thanks so much Simon for that thorough presentation of Nomadidge. We were actually quite close by in Ardèche for our holidays this year, but not during the festival dates
. This really makes me want to line up both for 2025.
This year we did it over a weekend, helped by the August 15th holiday. But next year we’ll try to align it with school vacations too. It’s way more comfortable!
Thanks for the photos, it was really a cool festival, small in size but lots of players! The tent really gives a different vibe for the concerts, you’re really closer to the artists…lots of instruments to test, (no, don’t give in
) and you can take the time to chat with the makers…
and to wrap up, great choice of workshops, and reasonable prices…
see you next year!
![]()
Yes, I agree, it’s really a festival with a human touch. All the « big names » are approachable and kind. Everything is done to create that sense of closeness.
And I agree, hard not to come back with your arms full ![]()
That festival was really excellent, a great meetup for didge enthusiasts in a warm atmosphere despite the cold… There’s a strong chance it’ll happen again next year at the same place and date, so come on down it’s going to be awesome ![]()
Hey Colas!
That’s what Greg confirmed to me, normally same dates and location. We asked him straight up because next year we’d like to line up our time off with Nomadidge, given the drive for us, it’ll be way better. Nomad Summer we can do more easily on an extended weekend. ![]()
For now I haven’t found a spot that’s really dedicated for the didge, but since it stands nice and straight on its reinforced bell, I’m keeping it vertical between a lamp post and the bookshelf, protected by the couch. I’ll try to find something better but for now it’s working. It sounds really cool and plays great at home <3 I’ll be able to refine my touch!
That’s awesome, I’m glad you’re getting on well with it ![]()
Generally I get a bit stressed when I see a didge balanced on the bell, but I can’t see it so that’s all good
The thing to keep in mind too when the didge is positioned like that is it cuts off air circulation and so the drying of the inside
Ah, but same here, didges resting like that on the bell, it stresses me out too. I won’t take a photo for you, but anyway, I’ve already put mine in a corner where it would be hard to knock it over. And I’m going to look into a better solution quickly.
For air circulation, I always let my didges dry on the tripod, set almost vertically, with a cloth under the bell. And with the humidity we’re getting at the moment, I even bought a small USB fan (well, a decent one anyway) to force ventilation while drying.
As for drying, I’ve always been careful, but since I bought Greg’s yidaki at last year’s Nomadidge, I’m being even more careful.
Anyway, you’re right to push that point, humidity can really cause some serious damage…
I know you’ll take great care of it, excellent the fan! ![]()
With a didge like that there’s no risk of humidity making it crack, but it’s true that any didge if not dried quickly becomes a breeding ground for mold.
The other evening I thought for a moment about doing a session with the big A, but then I grabbed a different one and it hit me an hour later that it wouldn’t have been possible!..
You can, but you’ve got a few kilometers to go ![]()
Thanks Simon for this excellent feedback on Nomadidge!
And even if it was short, I also found that Nomadidge has found its formula and is becoming an unmissable didgeridoo festival. I rediscovered that feeling from the early years of Airvault, it’s wonderful!