New student

Hi,
Looking forward to starting this course.
Have a great day

5 Likes

Welcome to you Nathalie :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Nathalie, welcome to the forum and to the course.
If you’d like to tell us a bit more about yourself or your instrument, here are two dedicated threads for that.

2 Likes

Hi everyone
I’m also new to the course :slight_smile:
I discovered the instrument about fifteen years ago (at my first festival at 'Reve de l’Aborigène) and now I’ve gone back with my partner and my 1-year-old son this year, I bought a didgeridoo and I’m getting started with learning… with possibly some ideas about a career change… depending on how things go!
The didgeridoo I’m using is acacia wood, it’s a C so it’s quite low-pitched.

3 Likes

Welcome Charlène, it’s awesome that you’ve taken the plunge and have this didgeridoo project going. A C in acacia seems like an excellent choice, well done.

2 Likes

Thanks for those kind words, Charlène.
Feel free to share a little sound with us sometime with a didge in C :wink:.
Happy breathing in the meantime :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome Charlène and Nathalie!
I hope Wakademy and the course will meet your expectations! :smiley:

@charlene.dudit, when you mention a possible career change, are you thinking of becoming a sound therapist or musician (or maybe something else)? If that’s too nosy, just ignore my question!

1 Like

I’m leaning more towards sound therapist since I have one foot in the world of healing with medicinal plants.
Yeah no problem when I get a moment, maybe this week I’ll send you a little didg sound :wink:
Thanks for the warm welcome :wink:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome Charlène!

Wishing you good breath :slight_smile:

Good evening everyone!
Finally taking the time to come on the forum… I made a little video a couple of weeks ago to let you hear the sound of my didge, I tried to start speeding up Gauthier like you told me to, but yeah it’s all over the place after that you’ll see :wink:
I haven’t had much time to play since September, I’m gonna try to get back into it big time, and keep up with the online lessons!

1 Like

and well I have no idea how to post this little video on the forum… ahah
if you could help me out that’d be great :slight_smile:)
so what kinds of didgeridoo do you guys have?

1 Like

it’s an MP4 file, but I don’t think I can convert it to another format

1 Like

Hello Charlène and welcome!

To include your video in a message, the best way is to upload it to YouTube via your Google account.

In the upload settings for your video on YouTube, you can select « unlisted Â» if you want it to remain « private Â».

By pasting the video link in your forum message, we’ll be able to access it.

Evening Simon,
thanks for your message :slight_smile:
Haha, well I don’t think there will be any videos, I don’t have a Google account and I’m not very good with computers…! thanks anyway, I’ll get a little photo for you then, to show you my didge.

Ah, finally did it! I actually managed to get a link up on youtube :wink:
here’s the link https://youtu.be/6VzFbPXoDqE
you’ll see it’s pretty much the very beginning! you can hear the breathing a lot, and it’s pretty choppy.. but well you gotta go through that I guess and not get discouraged :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you put the link on its own line, the forum will display the video directly :wink:

1 Like


Like this?

6 Likes

ah yes! thanks Simon :slight_smile:

1 Like

With pleasure :wink:

And by the way, what you’re already playing sounds really nice!

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement Simon, that’s nice of you :slight_smile:
I’m gonna try to keep practicing…!
Are there any other new students following The Art of the Didgeridoo?
Are you doing The Secret of the 7 Breaths?

1 Like